Saturday 30 June 2007

Tasik Kenyir

(Photo courtesy pbase.com)

"Located about 60km from Kuala Terengganu, it covers an area of 369 sq.km or 260,000ha. Once a tropical valley, it was flooded to create a hydroelectricity dam, thus creating within the lake numerous man-made islands of the once jutting hills and making it the largest man-made lake in South East Asia.
The hilly regions of Tasik Kenyir contain areas of untouched tropical rainforest estimated to be millions of years old. The lake is unique for her beautiful scenario of tropical forest and its valuable flora and fauna species. It is believed that the area is the habitat of more than 8000 species of flowers, 2500 species of plants and trees, 8000 species of orchids, 370 species of birds and 300 species of fresh water fish.


Made up of 340 islands and 14 waterfalls and rapids, The Kenyir Lake provides for total relaxation and enjoyment in a unique environment. Kenyir Lake is a popular and ideal retreat for nature lovers, anglers and photographers, as well as cavers. Other activities include swimming, canoeing, boating and jungle trekking. Accommodation such as houseboats, floating chalets and lakeside resorts are also available to visitors. Due to the cleanliness of the lake, the Kenyir Lake has a wide variety of fresh water fish such as Toman (Snakehead), Baung (Catfish), Lampan Sungai (Scwanenfeldii’s Barb / Bardboides), Kelah (Malaysian Mahseer), Sebarau (Carp) etc…, so not surprisingly it has been dubbed as an 'Anglers Paradise'."

(courtesy abcmalaysia.com)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Aizat EE said...

Hello Pappy,

Your information about Tasik Kenyir is very good. I enjoy reading it because it gaves me a lot of knowledge about this largest man-made lake in South East Asia. The part that i most like to read is about the lake that has been dubbed as an 'Anglers Paradise' because of there are so many fresh water fish. I love to talk about fish.

Aizat,
EED3EA.

Anonymous said...

hello pappy,

Firstly, i would like to say that your information about Terengganu especially Tasik Kenyir is really great.I am glad to learn something fresh information from your blog.So,I suggest that what if you put some little information about Teluk Bidara that is situated like a stone throw away from Dungun city.Roughly,teluk bidara is located before we reach Tanjung Jara.Thank you

Hairul Hazwan
EED3EA

Anonymous said...

Hi Pappy,

I really enjoy reading about this article. It give me a lot more informations that's I don't know about it. It's Like adventure activities that we can find it there. Actually, I really like to do some adventure activity. Maybe I can go there with my friends to explore more and enjoy the scenery around it.

Khairul Anuar,
EED3EA.

izyan said...

Askum pappy...It is so nice of you to show your nice pictures to us. I never go to the Tasik Kenyir before and I feel the scenery is so beautiful and many of attraction view from there. Maybe one day I will go there with my family. I hope you will survey and give more information about Pulau Perhentian because many of our students here say it is so nice there. Just I never imagine how wonderful the scenery there. Thats all from me now. Walam.

Nor Izyan Musawir
OMD50C

Anonymous said...

I have read about Tasik Kenyir, but I am incredulous about that place. It is because my friends said that place not interesting but, I never go yet. When I am read about Tasik Kenyir, I am very excited to go there. I hope I can go there with my friends.

umi zulaikha karimah bt abd aziz.
BMD3B A

FaRHaNa-KuN said...

Seems like Rodrigo above loves your post! It shows how Google actually works right? Hmm..what amazing about Tasik Kenyir? It is the largest man-made lake! And for people out there, grab your "batang pancing" or whatever, go fishing now!

nurulfarhanaabdullah OMD50c
www.farhana-kun.ihousha.net