Friday 29 June 2007

Sekayu Waterfalls

"The sight of water gushing and failing from a high altitude and the sound of rushing water is a very pleasurable experience. A favourite retreat for visitors and locals alike, the Sekayu Waterfalls with its seven cascades are surrounded by its natural landscape of lush jungle-clad hills, a fruit orchard, a mini zoo, a bird park, a flower garden and countless species of flora and fauna. Various facilities such as shelters, changing rooms, chalets and a resthouse have also been provided for the visitors' convenience. Located within the Sekayu Recreational Forest in Kuala Berang, it is only a 56 km drive from Kuala Terengganu, and about 45 minutes drive through unspoiled country scenery. There is a minimal charge of RM1.00 for each entry into the recreational forest".
(Courtery cuti.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Pappy,

First things in my mind when I read this article it is feel really refreshing and calm. Actually, I really like to visit this kind of place for relaxing my mind and enjoying the view with my friends. From your article, I like to read at part facilities thats it's available. In my opinion, I like to suggest Pappy to survey at Chemerong Waterfall it's located at between Hulu Dungun and Hulu Terengganu. Its takes an one and half hour from UiTM dungun. I hopes Pappy can make an article about it. That's all.
Thank you.

Khairul Anuar,
EED3EA.

FaRHaNa-KuN said...

I've been there before for Peers Camping and that place is quite terrible! On rainy days, you can see horrible flow of its waterfall! In split second, clearwater change into muddy-colored water and it was really awful! While we were at campsite, there was no water at all even in the toilet! What a nightmare! Everything was in mess! For three days I've been using rainwater and believe me, I was not happy at all. Yes, it may be beautiful and calming, but after all of this experience, no more Sekayu!

Anonymous said...

Hi pappy

Actually I ask my self which place that I can go to picnic..
After read your article about Sekayu waterfalls,it attract me to go there to see the refreshing water and views.
Thanks Pappy

NORAZLINA ISMAIL
2007288508
OMB30A
OM211

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Pappy

i think sekayu waterfalls is one of the interesting places to go.
i still remember my friends make a surprise birthday party for me, and they took me to Sekayu. The water is so cold and i love it!